Spring Cleanup in Vancouver WA, Property Management
Spring is here and that means spring cleanup and yard maintenance.
It’s also a great time for a close up inspection for any problems or issues that happened over the winter. Spring cleaning can be overwhelming – so start by making a list of priorities. Here is a spring cleanup sample list:
- Inspect rain gutters – Proper drainage could save your basement from flooding or foundation damage.
- Inspect the roof shingles – High winds, rain and hail can cause damage to your roof, so make sure to replace any damaged shingles.
- Inspect wood, trim, and shutters for wood rot.
- Check the outside water faucets to ensure proper pressure and flow.
- Check on the condition of the fence – Repair broken slats, reinforce posts if needed and stain your wood fence for added protection.
- Inspect the driveway and sidewalk for new cracks and then seal them properly.
- Trim the trees, shrubs, plants for the improved curb appeal.
- Remove any yard debris that has collected over winter.
- Spring is for planting – Now is the time to add those spring flowers.
- Add mulch to flower beds to help retain moisture.
- Add a pre-emergent to discourage weeds from growing.
- Fertilize the lawn and flower beds.
- Check and repair sprinkler system and sprinkler heads.
- Power wash the siding and deck.
- Clean the windows inside and outside.
In the spring, you get the opportunity to really inspect the place to make sure that everything on the outside is working properly and to minimize damage from the effects of winter weather. Your tenants will appreciate the time you put into ensuring your Vancouver rental property is well maintained and looking nice and your property (and your wallet) will thank you for the spring cleanup and maintenance.